Wednesday, February 04, 2009

So it seems I have abandoned my blog for over two months. Life has been...busy. That's probably the most accurate word to describe the past few months, you know, if I was forced at gun-point to give a bisyllabic one-word response that sums up my life since last internet posting.

Turns out, this is not one of those situations. Therefore, I think I'll expand upon this.


My current thought that runs through my head constantly is this:

Holy crap. I have no idea what I am doing.

Call it what you will: graduating, growing up, becoming an adult, the MA version of senioritis, quarter-life crisis (although, assuming I live to be 96 is probably a bit presumptious of me at this point).

I have all these plans, these ideas, these dreams. Exciting things. Interesting things. Wild things. (you make my heart sing?). And yet, there is a somewhat gnawing fear that I will not accomplish any of these plans; none of these dreams will come to fruition.

So it's perhaps an exaggeration that NONE of these ideas and plans will come through. And besides, I can be perfectly happy with a lot of outcomes. Sure, there are cities that I would love to live in, but I can be happy in other places...and there is a lot out there I do not know.

But that's just it. I do not know. My life is near a precipice and I'm about to jump off. There's no turning back. Nor do I want to turn back. The exciting adventure of jumping off and seeing where I end up....the incredible rush of changing scenery and new possibilities is entrancing. But it's all new and unknown. With this exciting unknown comes a whole host of scary possibilities that are creeping up in the back of my mind.

There are more thoughts, but I can't figure out how to word them. Maybe I'll bring it up later when I have the words.

No comments: