Monday, April 27, 2009

Updates Galore

OK, so in lieu of writing out an entire entry on how I should blog more and how it's been a long time since I last wrote anything on here and how I really should try harder to write more, I am finishing this paragraph and considering that enough on the subject.

---

I'm going to Haiti soon. I, honestly, totally forget about the fact that I am leaving the country to go somewhere unlike anywhere I have ever been to do something....well, something. It's not that I am not excited. I very much am. But I do not really understand what I will be doing there. I want to help. I want to be useful. I am just not sure how. I am not too worried, though. God will use me somehow (right?).

---

I have received a few replies from the ridiculous number (35) of applications I currently have floating out there on the desks of assistant principals across this country. Two rejections. I'm ok with it though, I really didn't want to work in those two places, they were more back-ups than anything. (Seriously.) It's still quite early.

---

And now, to keep readers more interested. A random picture:


---

I will be moving in a few months. It is pretty much (99.9%) fact. This is incredibly exciting because I love going to new places and meeting new people and seeing different culture and travelling. I am also, sometimes, incredibly worried that it will all be a big mistake. I have so many other friends and family members...can I leave them behind? should I leave them behind? will they leave me behind? can I handle that?

These are questions I don't have (and sometimes am not sure if I want) the answers to.

---

It actually really bothers me that I ended that last sentence in a preposition. But there is no way that I am going to write "...to which I do not have (and sometimes am not sure if I want) answers." It undermines the entire style of this entry. :sigh: Linguistic dilemmas.

---

I have one final exam and one thesis standing between me and the end of my quaternary education. I can see the end, but I just can't bring myself to finish it. Procrastination is a temptuous mistress.

---

I miss late-night discussions on important (and ridiculous) things and themes. They were rampant in my earlier years of college. Now they have dwindled. I wonder if this is something I should accept, or something I can actively change.

---

I wonder that about a lot of (re: most) things. Is the path I am idly sliding down something that I should learn to accept or something that I should actively try and change.


Hurm.

2 comments:

Leah said...

If you want to see it, you have to be it.

(I'm sure that's on Barney's wall somewhere. Also, meant to be less cliche than it is.)

Anonymous said...

must check gtmlFJwK [URL=http://www.cheapdesigner--handbags.weebly.com/]designer knock off purses[/URL] and get big save KbGktvsK [URL=http://www.cheapdesigner--handbags.weebly.com/ ] http://www.cheapdesigner--handbags.weebly.com/ [/URL]